[AccessD] Poll: How many versions of Access are you running onone machine? XPosted

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Thu Nov 20 00:52:41 CST 2003

Load in order

Access 97, 2 Office service packs, (ODE SP 2 if needed), Jet 3.51
Service Release 3 (needed for Jet SR7 and 8)
  Jet SR3 from here
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=7e82ef88-52ec-4a8f-8bb2-8b06d6cb668d&DisplayLang=en

Access 2000, 3 Office service packs

Access XP,  2 Office SP's

Finally Jet Service Pack 7 on win NT or Win9x,( Access xp won't install
on win95.)
or Jet Service Pack 8 on Win2000, WinXP or Win2003
Maybe they have fixed 8 to run on lower OS, not sure.

You can't get the Office upgrades for Office 97 through the MS office
update scan site anymore
but you can get all of them from here
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-CA;sp

Oh yes there are also these two new goodies for word97 and excel 97
security.

http://woodyswatch.com/kb/?830354

http://woodyswatch.com/kb/?830356

--