[AccessD] Redemption DLL WAS: Poll: How many versions...

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Thu Nov 20 18:32:00 CST 2003

On 20 Nov 2003 at 17:55, Brett Barabash wrote:

> >I bypassing it by not installing the service pack that turns it on. (A2K)
> Not installing a security service pack to stop malicious VBScript code from
> propogating viruses IS a big deal.  Are you advising your clients not to
> install security patches so your email code will work?

I'm with JC 100% on this one.

The "security" patch is not about stopping viruses from infecting
machines. It's not about stopping viruses from causing damage. It's
not about stopiing viruses from doing anything.

It's about stopping the perfectly legitimate function of interprocess
communication which is supposed at the heart of the MS software suite
paradigm.  It's a half-witted attempt at arse covering by MS which
has the side effect of destroying the functionality of many existing
applications.

Yes I am advising my clients not to instal it.
(At least the ones who don't heed my other advice to use non-MS email
programs. My Pegasus/Mercury using clients don't have to worry about
it at all <VBG>)

--
Lexacorp Ltd
http://www.lexacorp.com.pg