[AccessD] AV Software on Servers [was Redemption DLL ]

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Thu Nov 20 23:07:06 CST 2003

On 20 Nov 2003 at 20:40, John W. Colby wrote:

> Stuart,
>
> I personally don't say it has no place in the world.  The unfortunate
> reality is that there are millions of machines out there used by individuals
> in their homes (or small office) who are too ignorant to run virus checkers.
> THESE users should indeed install the service patch so that they only screw
> up their own machines when the virus hits them.  It simply has no place in a
> business where they should be running AV software.

Which brings us on to another question, prompted recently by a
client.

What is your option on running anti-virus software on network
servers?
(Assuming that you do run on-access scanning software on the
workstations)

Note:
X-posted to <dba-tech at databaseadvisors.com>
All follow ups to that list only. Please!

--
Lexacorp Ltd
http://www.lexacorp.com.pg