[AccessD] Auto Lookup

Tue Nov 25 16:32:30 CST 2003

I think we understood your question. What we (well 'I' anyway) can't
understand is what's do bad about hitting enter or TAB after selecting from
the combobox?

However, if you want to do search as they type you can.

With the "conventional" way of doing this, typically, in the combo's
AfterUpdate event this type of code will be run...

Private Sub cboSearch_AfterUpdate()
Dim strCriteria As String
   If Not cboSearch & "" = "" Then
        strCriteria = "Seller_ID=" & cboSearch
        With Me.RecordsetClone
            .FindFirst strCriteria
            If Not .NoMatch Then
                Me.Bookmark = .Bookmark
            End If
        End With
    End If
End Sub

But in your case you want to do this in the Change event of the combobox.
The change event fires every time a key is pressed when the combo has the
focus. So as the user types "12345" the code will first search for "1" then
"12" etc. So, if you have a large data set, as slow network or fast users,
you could well find that the search process cannot keep up with the typing
of the users.

Lambert