[AccessD] Accessing Oracle BLOB via MS Access

Gary Kjos garykjos at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 27 10:08:05 CST 2003

Hi Jack,

I also work with Oracle data in Access but have been able to work around the
field problem you ask about though luck as I haven't needed any of those
fields in my apps. I am wondering if a pass-through query with an instr or
the like to reformat the data on teh Oracle side before it get's sent over
to the Access side of things would work? In a Pass Trhough query you are
using Oracle SQL and you should be able to access those fields that way and
if you can format them into regular string type fields through something
like the instring function (like a left or a mid function in Access) it may
do the job for you.

Gary Kjos
garykjos at hotmail.com