[AccessD] RE: SysVars - was: Just in Time (off shoot of Can't

David Fenton dfe at nudgeeinternational.com
Mon Oct 6 18:08:23 CDT 2003

Wow John,
Thanks heaps for your mammoth epistle. I was not bored at all. Quite fascinating reading! I will investigate further...

Cheers
David Fenton Ô¿Ô¬
Brisbane Australia

Message: 2
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 22:16:35 -0400
From: "John Colby" <jcolby at colbyconsulting.com>
Subject: [AccessD] 	SysVars - was: Just in Time (off shoot of Can't
	open any more	databases) -Thank you
To: "Access Developers discussion and problem solving"
	<accessd at databaseadvisors.com>

David,

Yes, the short load time as the tab is clicked on is simply the result of
not suffering that load time when the form first opens.  Either way the user
has to wait, up front or if they use a tab.

As for the Sysvars...

As the list old-timers know, I use a framework to speed my development time.
I have a class for each control that Access offers, which means I have a
class for the tab control, the subform control, the combo, list text box
etc.  And of course all of these control / form classes sink the events that
the control generates so that the class handles all generic event
processing - Withevents.  In addition I have other   classes such as a
SysVar class, which BTW you can find the basis of in the articles I wrote
for Database Advisors.

<SNIP>

Works great, and makes application customization a snap.

John W. Colby
www.colbyconsulting.com