[AccessD] When is a report actually printed (vs previewed only)

David Fenton dfe at nudgeeinternational.com
Mon Oct 6 18:30:06 CDT 2003

Hello again,
I have searched archives and looked through recent newsgroups for Access Reports and found only a few tips on determining if a report is printed rather than just previewed. None of them seem to hit the mark I'm after.

I found this:
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/attac-cg/ARptTip.htm#PREVIEW
but it doesn't quite suit.

Does anyone have any u-beaut ideas on how I can tell whether a report has been previewed or printed? I do not want to prevent my users from printing. In the OnClose event of the report I set a 'printed' flag. But one of my users correctly pointed out that previewing it is not the same as printing it. She can look at the report but change her mind and NOT print it. In that case she doesn't want the 'printed' flag to be set. I guess she's after a Cancel button on the print preview. I am not aware of any cancel methods on the print preview page. I know there is an OnPrint event, but it seems to apply to sections of the report, not the entire report itself.

I could have two buttons on the form - one preview and one print, then putting the flag setting into OnClick on the print button instead of the report itself, but it doesn't feel robust...
Any ideas folks?
Cheers
David Ô¿Ô¬
Brisbane