[AccessD] ADHB2K - frmMultiPickMSForms

Sad Der accessd666 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 9 01:47:01 CDT 2003

Hi group,
I've got a question regarding the form
frmMultiPickMSForms in Chapter 07 from the book
ADHK2K.

It uses listboxes and some controls to move items from
left to right, up and down, etc. I need a lot of this
functionality.

It uses a reference called: Microsoft Forms 2.0 Object
Library.

In short: I do not understand HOW it works.
First: when I open a new database I do NOT have this
reference. Why is that?

Second: How can these controls be 'controled'? It only
uses the code below. In wich MultiPikMSForms is a
class and RegisterControls and SetData are methods of
that class. How is it possible that when I click a
button action is taken? There are no events or
something like it connected to the control?!?!?!

Could somebody please explain? TIA!

SD

'------------------------------------
Private mmp As MultiPikMSForms
'------------------------------------
Private Sub Form_Load()
    ' Using MultiPikMSForms requires
    ' three steps:

    ' 1. Instantiate the object
    ' 2. Register the 8 controls with the object
    ' 3. Tell it where your data comes from

    Set mmp = New MultiPikMSForms

    mmp.RegisterControls lstAvailable, lstSelected, _
     cmdSelectOne, cmdSelectAll, cmdDeselectOne,
cmdDeselectAll, _
     cmdUp, cmdDown

    mmp.SetData "tblCustomer", "LastName"
End Sub