[AccessD] Web based Project (Partner wanted)

David Emerson davide at dalyn.co.nz
Thu Oct 9 19:37:02 CDT 2003

At 23/09/2003, I wrote:
>Group,
>
>Over the past 3 years we have developed a database in Access 97 that
>basically accepts user input, runs some basic calculations and prints
>reports.  There are about 50 screens and 230 reports.  The users are
>independent financial planners (about 20 - could rise to about 100 in two
>years) and are currently using their own stand alone machines spread
>throughout the USA.  They are the only ones that would normally access
>their client records.  Currently there are about 5,000 client records in
>total but this could rise in the next two years to 50,000.
>
>My client now wants to put it onto the web so that updates can be done
>easier and in one place (rather than needing to be distributed each
>time).  Users can then access it through the Internet, add/change their
>client data and run off their reports.  This is not a big corporate so
>budget is an issue.
>
>The client also doesn't have an IT department so the maintenance of any
>web server would be outsourced.
>
>I only have experience in Access (97/XP) and SQL2000.  I have not done
>anything with web based databases.

My client wants to pursue this further.  We are looking at solutions, and
the implementation of them.  This would include the maintenance of the
server, database, and website.  Not sure if this discussion is best kept in
the list or private (any moderators like to comment?).

If anyone is interested please email me.

Regards

David Emerson
DALYN Software Ltd
25b Cunliffe St, Johnsonville