[AccessD] A2k - Exporting a Graph Object

Carlos Alberto Alves caa at highway.com.br
Fri Oct 10 22:15:30 CDT 2003

Dear Mates:
I’d like to have your opinion on this matter. An app of mine has a form
with a graph object based on a query. End-users want to export this graph
in order to use it in a PowerPoint slide; so it might be exported as .BMP,
.JPG, .GIF or .WMF. I tried the code below in a cmdbutton…

Dim objGraph as object
Set objGraph = Me![Graph_Name].object
ObjGraph.Export “c:\temp\Graph_Name.JPG”
‘objGraph.Action = acOLECopy
Set objGraph = Nothing

Appropriate reference to MS Graph 9 has been set.
The Export method worked fine and the graph was correctly exported. The
Action method didn’t work at all. My real problem is that both methods
generate an error msg stating “OLE server must be re-installed” and Access
itself crashed. Using Ctrl+Alt+Del I found one (sometimes two or three)
instances (processes?) “Graph9” still opened. Another important
consideration is that end-users will work with Access 2000 but other
components of Office 97.
TIA,
--
* Carlos Alberto Alves               *