[AccessD] A2K Reference the dot column property in a query

John Colby jcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Mon Oct 20 02:16:19 CDT 2003

Arthur,

The only way I was able to get this working was using an optional VARIANT
and checking IsMissing.  IsNull didn't work on a missing integer.

Static Function FltrSfrmClaimAssociatesCboContactSelFilter(Optional
llngCTYID As Variant)
Dim lngCTYID As Variant
    If Not IsMissing(llngCTYID) Then
        lngCTYID = llngCTYID
    End If
    FltrSfrmClaimAssociatesCboContactSelFilter = lngCTYID
End Function

It does work great though.  Set it up to be called in AfterUpdate of the
filter combo and used the function value in the dependent combo's query.

John W. Colby
www.colbyconsulting.com