[AccessD] 'splain this thing to me - toolbars

John Colby jcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Mon Oct 20 13:10:48 CDT 2003

Something I've never understood - where is the information stored about what
tool bar should be open for what form?  It seems to be a form collection,
i.e. each form can have different toolbars open.  Right click on the menu
bar and you get a list of the available tool bars for that form.  Is this
collection available programmatically?

Next question, what determines whether (for example) the Form View tool bar
is available for a specific form?  IOW, on my switchboard, I can see and
turn on and off the form view menu with the form design tools etc.  From my
data entry forms that isn't available.

It's all very cornfusing to me.  I'd love to be able to add code to my
framework to disable all toolbars (not of my own design) whenever a form
controlled by the framework opens, even if they right click the menu bar
only my authorized tool bars exist.

John W. Colby
www.colbyconsulting.com