[AccessD] images in Access

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at sympatico.ca
Mon Oct 6 17:43:43 CDT 2003

On 6 Oct 2003 at 15:47, John Colby wrote:

> I have a client that stored well over a hundred images in their db
> (employee pictures).  The db is bloated and slow, and I want to pull
> these images out and store them on disk.
>
> Does anyone have any code for reading the image out of a table, and
> saving the image to disk so that I can then replace the image with a
> link to the image?  Maybe even generate the path to the image and save
> that path back in another field?

John,

Check out Stephen Lebanns site. http://www.lebans.com/oletodisk.htm

Specifically  A2KExportOLEtoJPEG.zip

I haven't used it, but it was all I could find.

I used to have a site that posted all the code in all it's gory
details. The site I was thinking of show how to use GetChunk to get
chunks of the OLE object.

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at sympatico.ca
I've learned....
That the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself
with people smarter than I am.