[dba-SQLServer][AccessD] Re: SQL LOG File is Huge! 10GB - Help

Paul Liadis pnl1 at psu.edu
Wed Oct 8 10:17:20 CDT 2003

We ran into this once, and here is what was causing our problems.  If you
look at the properties of your database in Enterpirse Manager,  there is a
tab that says Options.  On this tab, there is a dropdown for recovery
model.  Our logs were growing huge because we chose Full in the Recovery
Model dropdown.  To fix the problem we chose Simple and this significantly
reduced the size of our Transaction Logs.

Paul Liadis
University Budget Office
Penn State University