[dba-SQLServer][AccessD] Re: SQL LOG File is Huge! 10GB - Help

Paul Liadis pnl1 at psu.edu
Wed Oct 8 13:23:49 CDT 2003

I believe Full Recovery Model gives the best chance to recover from a
failure in a transactional environment.  I copied the following from SQL
Server Books Online:

"Full Recovery provides the ability to recover the database to the point of
failure or to a specific point in time. To guarantee this degree of
recoverability, all operations, including bulk operations such as SELECT
INTO, CREATE INDEX, and bulk loading data, are fully logged. "

My organization doesn't really need Full Recovery because our data doesn't
change very often, and we aren't doing a lot of transactions.  With tape
backups, we can recover from the previous day, which is ok for us.

Paul Liadis
Penn State University