[AccessD] Help!!! Dead MDB -..."stoppedtheprocessbecause...Yo uandanother user are""

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Thu Oct 9 18:40:23 CDT 2003

There is a counter in the NIC Rom that can be interrogated for errors or
incomplete packets, You can get at this counter to check for a high
error rate via Network Admin Tools or WMI.
If you have network admin privileges run first routine if not run second
and third sub on suspected machine as testallnics(".")
Look at counts for TcpMaxConnectRetransmissions:  and
TcpMaxDataRetransmissions:
 They may give you some indication of errors.
Sub testsystem()
'add reference to WMI extension
Dim locator As Object
Dim service As Object
Dim system As Object
Dim SystemSet As Object
Dim SystemSetAll As Object
Dim VarInstance As Object
'You must be member of administrator group
Set locator = CreateObject("WbemScripting.SWbemLocator")
Set service = locator.connectserver
Set SystemSet = service.Get("Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration")
Set VarInstance = SystemSet.Instances_
For Each system In VarInstance
    If system.Index = 0 Then
        Debug.Print (system.Description)
        Debug.Print (system.ServiceName)
        Debug.Print (system.IPAddress(0))
        Debug.Print (system.IPSubnet(0))
        Debug.Print (system.MACAddress)
Else
        Debug.Print (system.Description)
        Debug.Print (system.ServiceName)
        Debug.Print (system.IPAddress(0))
        Debug.Print (system.IPSubnet(0))
        Debug.Print (system.MACAddress)
End If
Next
Set SystemSetAll =
GetObject("winmgmts:").InstancesOf("Win32_ComputerSystem")
For Each system In SystemSetAll
      Debug.Print "Computername " & system.Name
      testallnics (system.Name)
 Next

End Sub

Sub testallnics(strComputer As String)
'Dim strComputer As String
Dim objWMIService As Object
Dim colitems As Object
Dim objitem As Object
On Error Resume Next
'strComputer = "." 'initial test
Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2")
Set colitems = objWMIService.ExecQuery("Select * from
Win32_NetworkAdapter", , 48)
For Each objitem In colitems
    Debug.Print "AdapterType: " & objitem.AdapterType
    Debug.Print "AutoSense: " & objitem.AutoSense
    Debug.Print "Availability: " & objitem.Availability
    Debug.Print "Caption: " & objitem.Caption
    Debug.Print "ConfigManagerErrorCode: " & objitem.ConfigManagerErrorCode
    Debug.Print "ConfigManagerUserConfig: " &
objitem.ConfigManagerUserConfig
    Debug.Print "CreationClassName: " & objitem.CreationClassName
    Debug.Print "Description: " & objitem.Description
    Debug.Print "DeviceID: " & objitem.DeviceID
    Debug.Print "ErrorCleared: " & objitem.ErrorCleared
    Debug.Print "ErrorDescription: " & objitem.ErrorDescription
    Debug.Print "Index: " & objitem.Index
    Debug.Print "InstallDate: " & objitem.InstallDate
    Debug.Print "Installed: " & objitem.Installed
    Debug.Print "LastErrorCode: " & objitem.LastErrorCode
    Debug.Print "MACAddress: " & objitem.MACAddress
    Debug.Print "Manufacturer: " & objitem.Manufacturer
    Debug.Print "MaxNumberControlled: " & objitem.MaxNumberControlled
    Debug.Print "MaxSpeed: " & objitem.MaxSpeed
    Debug.Print "Name: " & objitem.Name
    Debug.Print "NetworkAddresses: " & objitem.NetworkAddresses
    Debug.Print "PermanentAddress: " & objitem.PermanentAddress
    Debug.Print "PNPDeviceID: " & objitem.PNPDeviceID
    Debug.Print "PowerManagementCapabilities: " &
objitem.PowerManagementCapabilities
    Debug.Print "PowerManagementSupported: " &
objitem.PowerManagementSupported
    Debug.Print "ProductName: " & objitem.ProductName
    Debug.Print "ServiceName: " & objitem.ServiceName
    Debug.Print "Speed: " & objitem.Speed
    Debug.Print "Status: " & objitem.Status
    Debug.Print "StatusInfo: " & objitem.StatusInfo
    Debug.Print "SystemCreationClassName: " &
objitem.SystemCreationClassName
    Debug.Print "SystemName: " & objitem.SystemName
    Debug.Print "TimeOfLastReset: " & objitem.TimeOfLastReset
Next
End Sub

Sub testnicconfig()

'The Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration WMI class represents
'the attributes and behaviors of a network adapter.
'This class has been extended to include extra properties and methods
'that support the management of the TCP/IP and Internetworking Packet
Exchange (IPX)
'protocols (and are independent of the network adapter).
Dim strComputer As String
Dim objWMIService As Object
Dim colitems As Object
Dim objitem As Object
On Error Resume Next
strComputer = "."
Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2")
Set colitems = objWMIService.ExecQuery("Select * from
Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration", , 48)
For Each objitem In colitems
    Debug.Print "ArpAlwaysSourceRoute: " & objitem.ArpAlwaysSourceRoute
    Debug.Print "ArpUseEtherSNAP: " & objitem.ArpUseEtherSNAP
    Debug.Print "Caption: " & objitem.Caption
    Debug.Print "DatabasePath: " & objitem.DatabasePath
    Debug.Print "DeadGWDetectEnabled: " & objitem.DeadGWDetectEnabled
    Debug.Print "DefaultIPGateway: " & objitem.DefaultIPGateway
    Debug.Print "DefaultTOS: " & objitem.DefaultTOS
    Debug.Print "DefaultTTL: " & objitem.DefaultTTL
    Debug.Print "Description: " & objitem.Description
    Debug.Print "DHCPEnabled: " & objitem.DHCPEnabled
    Debug.Print "DHCPLeaseExpires: " & objitem.DHCPLeaseExpires
    Debug.Print "DHCPLeaseObtained: " & objitem.DHCPLeaseObtained
    Debug.Print "DHCPServer: " & objitem.DHCPServer
    Debug.Print "DNSDomain: " & objitem.DNSDomain
    Debug.Print "DNSDomainSuffixSearchOrder: " &
objitem.DNSDomainSuffixSearchOrder
    Debug.Print "DNSEnabledForWINSResolution: " &
objitem.DNSEnabledForWINSResolution
    Debug.Print "DNSHostName: " & objitem.DNSHostName
    Debug.Print "DNSServerSearchOrder: " & objitem.DNSServerSearchOrder
    Debug.Print "DomainDNSRegistrationEnabled: " &
objitem.DomainDNSRegistrationEnabled
    Debug.Print "ForwardBufferMemory: " & objitem.ForwardBufferMemory
    Debug.Print "FullDNSRegistrationEnabled: " &
objitem.FullDNSRegistrationEnabled
    Debug.Print "GatewayCostMetric: " & objitem.GatewayCostMetric
    Debug.Print "IGMPLevel: " & objitem.IGMPLevel
    Debug.Print "Index: " & objitem.Index
    Debug.Print "IPAddress: " & objitem.IPAddress
    Debug.Print "IPConnectionMetric: " & objitem.IPConnectionMetric
    Debug.Print "IPEnabled: " & objitem.IPEnabled
    Debug.Print "IPFilterSecurityEnabled: " &
objitem.IPFilterSecurityEnabled
    Debug.Print "IPPortSecurityEnabled: " & objitem.IPPortSecurityEnabled
    Debug.Print "IPSecPermitIPProtocols: " & objitem.IPSecPermitIPProtocols
    Debug.Print "IPSecPermitTCPPorts: " & objitem.IPSecPermitTCPPorts
    Debug.Print "IPSecPermitUDPPorts: " & objitem.IPSecPermitUDPPorts
    Debug.Print "IPSubnet: " & objitem.IPSubnet
    Debug.Print "IPUseZeroBroadcast: " & objitem.IPUseZeroBroadcast
    Debug.Print "IPXAddress: " & objitem.IPXAddress
    Debug.Print "IPXEnabled: " & objitem.IPXEnabled
    Debug.Print "IPXFrameType: " & objitem.IPXFrameType
    Debug.Print "IPXMediaType: " & objitem.IPXMediaType
    Debug.Print "IPXNetworkNumber: " & objitem.IPXNetworkNumber
    Debug.Print "IPXVirtualNetNumber: " & objitem.IPXVirtualNetNumber
    Debug.Print "KeepAliveInterval: " & objitem.KeepAliveInterval
    Debug.Print "KeepAliveTime: " & objitem.KeepAliveTime
    Debug.Print "MACAddress: " & objitem.MACAddress
    Debug.Print "MTU: " & objitem.MTU
    Debug.Print "NumForwardPackets: " & objitem.NumForwardPackets
    Debug.Print "PMTUBHDetectEnabled: " & objitem.PMTUBHDetectEnabled
    Debug.Print "PMTUDiscoveryEnabled: " & objitem.PMTUDiscoveryEnabled
    Debug.Print "ServiceName: " & objitem.ServiceName
    Debug.Print "SettingID: " & objitem.SettingID
    Debug.Print "TcpipNetbiosOptions: " & objitem.TcpipNetbiosOptions
    Debug.Print "TcpMaxConnectRetransmissions: " &
objitem.TcpMaxConnectRetransmissions
    Debug.Print "TcpMaxDataRetransmissions: " &
objitem.TcpMaxDataRetransmissions
    Debug.Print "TcpNumConnections: " & objitem.TcpNumConnections
    Debug.Print "TcpUseRFC1122UrgentPointer: " &
objitem.TcpUseRFC1122UrgentPointer
    Debug.Print "TcpWindowSize: " & objitem.TcpWindowSize
    Debug.Print "WINSEnableLMHostsLookup: " &
objitem.WINSEnableLMHostsLookup
    Debug.Print "WINSHostLookupFile: " & objitem.WINSHostLookupFile
    Debug.Print "WINSPrimaryServer: " & objitem.WINSPrimaryServer
    Debug.Print "WINSScopeID: " & objitem.WINSScopeID
    Debug.Print "WINSSecondaryServer: " & objitem.WINSSecondaryServer
Next

--
Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.