[AccessD] Open one database from another in A97

Greggs greggs at msn.com
Fri Oct 10 10:03:33 CDT 2003

I have a database that opens a second database using sendkeys (ugly huh?).
I need to switch to DAO so I can open a password protected database.  I have
used the code from the knowledge base
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;161016&Product=acc97
but I can't get it to close the first database and open a form in the
second.

here's the code from the Knowledge base...

Sub OpenDB()
       Dim db As Database
       Dim ws As WorkSpace
       Dim rst As Recordset
       Set ws = DBEngine.WorkSpaces(0)
       Set db = ws.OpenDatabase _
       ("C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Samples\Northwind.mdb", _
       False, False, "MS Access;PWD=northwind")
       Set rst = db.OpenRecordset("Customers", dbOpenDynaset)
       If rst.RecordCount > 0 Then
         rst.MoveLast
         MsgBox rst!CustomerID
       End If