[AccessD] URGENT - Autonumber is Creating Duplicate Numbers

paul.hartland at fsmail.net paul.hartland at fsmail.net
Mon Oct 13 09:15:06 CDT 2003

Although I can't think how I resolved this issue in the past, I had it happen quite a few times.  What was happening was records we're being deleted thus leaving gaps in the autonumber field like so
100001
100003
and sometimes when the database was compacted, and a user tried to make a booking, it would use 100002 and would allow them to complete & save the booking, but then it would think that the next number in sequence was 100003 and get the same error as yourself.....I'll try and look how I resolved this
Paul Hartland

Message date : Oct 13 2003, 03:10 PM