[AccessD] Number vs text data type

CYNTHIA SPELL CSPELL at jhuccp.org
Mon Oct 13 09:42:15 CDT 2003

I will, that's a good idea.  What I've heard so far is that logic tells you that if you don't need to calculate, you should use text.  And that a number data type requires additional resources in order for the field to have the ability to do the calculating.  Even if all that is true, I don't see the need to change what's there already.  And, again, the sort will be faster using a number data type.

>>> john at winhaven.net 10/13/03 10:18AM >>>
Although I agree with all of the comments made so far (leave it alone), you
might want to get the reason the DBA wants you to change it. There may be
something going on that hasn't been revealed to you yet. Every now nad then
this can happen :o)

JB