[AccessD] Number vs text data type

Ron Allen chizotz at charter.net
Mon Oct 13 11:20:57 CDT 2003

Whoa, whoa, wait a second! I didn't mean to imply that
there are never cases where storing a number as text
doesn't make sense, in fact I said exactly that in my
message (granted, in just one line, but sheesh!). What you
cite are "compelling reasons" to store a number as text.
But when there is no compelling reason to store a numeric
value as text it should be stored as a number, I believe
that and have far fewer problems by following that
strategy.

Ron