[AccessD] Report Grouping

Gina Hoopes hoopesg at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 13 14:26:12 CDT 2003

Thanks for the solution, but I need one report that groups all of my records
by Area, and there are 50 Areas.  Using your solution I would prompt the
user for a particular CenterRange and the report would deliver the
information for that Area.  I'm trying to set up the grouping in the
report's code so I can avoid 50 queries or 50 reports/subreports.  Does that
explain the issue more clearly?

Thanks,
Gina

Lonnie Johnson [prodevmg at yahoo.com] wrote:

Use the report's Sorting and Grouping properties to do the "Grouping by
Area".

Create a query as the underlying record source for the report and set the
prompts for the criteria in there like below:

Between "*" & [What is the start of the range?] & "*" AND  "*" & [What is
the end of the range?] & "*"

Gina Hoopes <hoopesg at hotmail.com> wrote:
I need to build a report that uses a table for grouping criteria. The table
has two fields, Area and CenterRange. So, Area might be ESKIND LIBRARY and
the CenterRange is between "108694*" and "108699*". I need my report to
Group by each area and use the CenterRange as the criteria. I'm using a
DLookup but everything I'm trying fails. Can someone give me a direction on
this?

Thanks,
Gina