Re: [AccessD] InterSystems Caché database engine

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Oct 14 08:04:53 CDT 2003

Hi all

Just had a talk with the local representative about developer's cost.

Minimum is one license at EUR 240.00.
Maintenance and support is optional at 22% pr. year of license fee or
~EUR 53.00 bringing a total for the first year of about EUR 293.00
which equals about USD 340.00. This may, of course, vary on the west
side of the pond.

If you sign an agreement as a software house you'll get a substantial
discount on these prices including the licenses you may sell to your
clients.

To me this sounds so fair that only open source engines like Firebird,
SAP DB (MaxDB) and MySQL can compete - and they'll only bring a
fraction of the features of Caché.

I have no time to play around with the free test license at the moment
but I hope I will in the near future.

/gustav