[AccessD] still struggling with inserting to access table

Oleg_123 at xuppa.com Oleg_123 at xuppa.com
Thu Oct 16 08:53:30 CDT 2003

I still haven't done this inseting of .csv in access table (had other
things to do first)Those 2 lines still dont work
        strSQL = "INSERT into Table1Testing(a,b) Values(" & aRecord(0) &
"," & aRecord(8) & ")"
        con.Execute (strSQL)

whats wrong here ? When I run similar message from query window it works
fine. This way I get "Operation is not allowed when the object is closed"
error. # 3704 (the first part works more or less correctly)

Dim fs As New Scripting.FileSystemObject
Dim ts As Scripting.TextStream
Dim strLine As String
Dim aRecord
Dim strSQL As String
Dim con As New ADODB.Connection

If fs.FileExists("U:\Users\HRIS\oleg\cars testing\trainFROM.csv") Then

    Set ts = fs.OpenTextFile("U:\Users\HRIS\oleg\cars
testing\trainFROM.csv", ForReading)

    Do Until ts.AtEndOfStream

        strLine = ts.ReadLine
        'strline =
        aRecord = Split(strLine, ",")
        aRecord(8) = Mid(aRecord(8), 5) & Left(aRecord(8), 4)
        Debug.Print aRecord(6) & "  " & aRecord(7) & " " & aRecord(8)

        strSQL = "INSERT into Table1Testing(a,b) Values(" & aRecord(0) &
"," & aRecord(8) & ")"
        con.Execute (strSQL)

    Loop
Else