[AccessD] Unrecognized Database Format problem

Stuart Sanders stuart at pacific.net.hk
Mon Oct 20 05:50:02 CDT 2003

By default the login name and password for getting into access is ADMIN and []
(ie blank password.  If you use access security, and change the ADMIN password,
then you will be prompted for a username and password everytime you login to the
access mdb.

So by ADMIN it is referring to the login name into access, not the login name on
your PC.  That is why it keeps saying ADMIN.

As to the specific cause of the corruption, it is most commonly caused by
connections/objects not being closed correctly.

So when you use
  dim db as database
  set db = [some connection to the back end on the server]

You need to also add
  set db = nothing
  (I've not needed to use db.close)
When you have finished with the object.  The same applies to any other objects
that connect to the backend.  Eg recordsets.

Hope that helps

Stuart