[AccessD] A2K and AXP questions

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Mon Oct 20 15:02:35 CDT 2003

It could be a difference in references, Win XP comes with MDAC 2.7 ( ADO
2.7)
I believe Access 2000 points to ADO 2.5  as default .
You can have a machine with multiple versions of MDAC installed for
example if you install Access 2000 and Access XP, you will have ADO 2.5
and ADO 2.7 installed so you are okay Your client with WinXP may not
have ADO 2.5 installed and poof (that's a technical term).
I have about 5 versions of ADO to chose from on my machine including 2.8.