Betreft: RE: [AccessD] Performance ADO - DAO or ??

marcel.vreuls at achmea.nl marcel.vreuls at achmea.nl
Tue Oct 21 03:55:54 CDT 2003

Drew,

Okay i will leave it to DAO. it is too much, no paying :-), work.

Thnx, marcel

Drew Wutka <DWUTKA at marlow.com>@databaseadvisors.com op 20-10-2003 18:00:03

Antwoord aub aan Access Developers discussion and problem solving
      <accessd at databaseadvisors.com>

Verzonden door:     accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com

Aan:  "'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'"
      <accessd at databaseadvisors.com>
cc:

Onderwerp:     RE: [AccessD] Performance ADO - DAO or ??

Okay, a few things.  First, ADO is NOT faster then DAO. But the speed
difference probably wouldn't be noticable.  Next, why are you closing all
connections at the end of your procedures.  In reality, if things seem
slow,
keeping a constant 'global' conneciton will speed things up, over reopening
the same connection again and again.

Along those lines, if you have bound forms, there is a method to force the
BE link to remain open.  Create a table in the BE, then create a bound form
to that table (linked in the FE).  On the startup of your apps, open that
form hidden, and keep it open.

Drew