[AccessD] Sorting Alpha-Numerics

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Tue Oct 21 09:22:25 CDT 2003

Mark,

I believe that Excel converts 7E9 to 7 * 10 to the 9th power.

Try putting a single apostrophe in front of the AAA.  In the formula bar it
will look like 'AAA, but in the cell it will look like AAA.  This tells
Excel that you want the cell contents treated like text, and should prevent
the conversion to an exponential value.

Dan Waters
Quality Process Solutions