[AccessD] ADO 2.6 help file

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Tue Oct 21 19:13:19 CDT 2003

or this
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;295194

Don't worry it gets worse. The new SDK for MDAC installs ado270.hxs It
has entries covering 2.8.
It is only accessible  through the desktop SDK program menu or if you
install FAR help or you have visual studio .net installed

I don't think the chm file type, compiled help existed when Access 97
was brought out
I just use a desktop shortcut to the file ado260.chm. I have about 5
like this, for various help files like xml.
To get to the desktop shortcuts quickly I use the Window-M Key

To get it to work with Access XP and ado260.chm

    1. Install MDAC 2..6 SDK, which contains the help files themselves
(ado260.chm & ado260.chi)
    2. Copy said files to the appropriate help folder (v.g.,
C:\WINDOWS\Help) to enable context-sensitive help in the VBA IDE (v.g.,
select an item in the Object Browser and hit F1).