[AccessD] Win2K, Access 2002 SP2

David McAfee DMcAfee at haascnc.com
Thu Oct 23 16:19:45 CDT 2003

Try a making a new table with a make table query. Is it successful? IF not, you most likely have a corrupt memo field. I see the same problems as you do, but haven't been able to find it as we are switching this mdb over to a SQL 2K/ADP so I haven't spent the time to figure why jet is corrupting (not to mention we have around 80 users in at a time :( ) Another way that corruption shows its ugly head (but not all the time) is to compact the mdb, sometimes you will get the message like you stated in an earlier post "you and another user..." which leaves you with a compacted db1.mdb and you non compacted mdb.

I have an A97 MDB that uses bound forms :( and has close to a million records in one of the tables. This table has a memo field which seems to corrupt every now and then. I have to make a new table and export all records before and after the corrupt record. I then make an append query and query all of the data from the corrupt record (except for the memo field) and append to the new table. I then recreate the memo field from my audit trail table (or back up mdb if the record was old enough). It sucks but it does work.

I know you are looking for a reason why you are seeing different results, but you most likely have corruption and should take care of that.

David