[AccessD] Re: [] Virus mail

John Colby jcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Fri Oct 24 10:25:26 CDT 2003

>I dont believe they protect againts outgoing (software caused) attacks as
in software calling home or blaster type virii as software firewalls do.

Understood.  I use spybot to find and get rid of "call home" software.  And
with NAV running AFAIK I don't ever get viruses per se.  It seemed like a
lot of extra work using it for not a lot of extra protection so I just
stopped after awhile.  I ran Zonealarm on top of the hardware firewall for
awhile but it didn't seem to be doing anything for me so I stopped.

John W. Colby
www.colbyconsulting.com