[AccessD] Virus mail

Rocky Smolin - Beach Access Software bchacc at san.rr.com
Fri Oct 24 19:21:33 CDT 2003

Since it's OT Friday - this is like semi OT:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/uniontrib/fri/opinion/news_mz1ed24botto.html

>From the article:

By a resounding 97-to-0 vote, lawmakers approved legislation that aims to
discourage spam, those unwanted commercial e-mails pitching prescription
drugs, cheap loans, herbal remedies and pornography, among other dubious
products and services.

Sponsored by Sens. Conrad Burns, R-Mont., and Ron Wyden, D-Ore., the measure
would outlaw some of the more odious practices by spammers - like disguising
their identity by using a false return address or misrepresenting their
intention by using a deceptive subject line.

End quote.

Of course they can't stop it but suppose they could stop 50% or 20%?  It's a
start.  I think, like the telemarketers, spammers have overplayed their
hand.  Their days are numbered.  Just my opinion.

Rocky Smolin
Beach Access Software