[AccessD] Dumb one for ya!

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Mon Oct 27 14:31:35 CST 2003

Use Dsum()

Charlotte Foust

-----Original Message-----
From: John Clark [mailto:John.Clark at niagaracounty.com]
Sent: Monday, October 27, 2003 12:20 PM
To: accessd at databaseadvisors.com
Subject: [AccessD] Dumb one for ya!

I am trying to help someone with their DB...I don't even know why they
are doing one, because it is the secretary and not a programmer...I know
this because I am the only one (sort of). In any event, I am running
really behind on another project...as usual...and just want this one to
'go away' for the moment. Which leads me to my stupid question.....

She wants to bring a balance over from one table into a form that uses
another table as its source. How do I reference the field? Simple right?

I have tried :

StartBal = Tables![AcctBalances]![AcctBal]

and it 'does not recognize the field 'Tables'.  Keep in mind that my
head is throbbing at the moment, and I have a night of overtime planned.
Please tell me that I don't have to go through the whole rigamaroll of
declaring the Database and Tabledefs.

Thanks in advance!!!

John W Clark