[AccessD] Access database on the Internet

John Frederick j.frederick at att.net
Wed Oct 29 09:56:04 CST 2003

When you say you have an "Access FE connected to the same BE for the folks
in the office", I assume you have an private web host and its directories
are reacheable through a LAN.  If you're using a separate web hosting
service, you can connect an Access FE using a commercial package named
Webdrive($50/copy) that uses FTP and maps the web site root into the remote
machine as a drive letter.  I have an app in operation in which the
web-based mdb is updated using code in the local Access system.  There are
some gotchas associated with this operation.  John Frederick