[AccessD] brain farts

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Wed Oct 29 19:24:21 CST 2003

On 29 Oct 2003 at 17:48, John Colby wrote:

> I tried this and it's giving me errors.  This is the actual built up SQL
> statement.
>
> UPDATE MsysForms SET [FRM_GroupOpen] = [FRM_GroupOpen] ~ 4,
> [FRM_GroupVisible] = [FRM_GroupVisible] ~ 4, [FRM_GroupEdit] =
> [FRM_GroupEdit] ~ 4, [FRM_GroupAddRec] = [FRM_GroupAddRec] ~ 4,
> [FRM_GroupDelRec] = [FRM_GroupDelRec] ~ 4 WHERE (((MsysForms.FRM_ID) In
> (28,34,33,35,32,29,31,30)));
>
> Is that as you understand it to be used?  Likewise it didn't like the
> vertical bar.

I posted a second one, a couple of seconds later which for some reason
didn't make it to the list.

In that I said "Sorry, I thought I was still scanning the dba-SQL list".

In Access, try using a CINT(Frm_GroupVisible) etc to force it to an Int
before doing the "OR" comparison.

--
Stuart McLachlan
Lexacorp Ltd