[AccessD] There Isn't Enough Free Memory error message

Ken Ismert KIsmert at TexasSystems.com
Fri Oct 31 12:19:49 CST 2003

Doug,

I would recommend decompiling your development mdb. Steps:

 1. Backup your mdb
 2. Decompile. To do this, run Access with the /decompile switch:
      MSACCESS.EXE your.mdb  /decompile
 3. Compact and Repair.
 4. Compile your VBA project.
 5. Make your mde and deploy

I always decompile:

 * Before deploying updates
 * When I get the 'Bad DLL calling convention' error
 * Anytime I sense any weirdness at all with VBA's behavior

I will usually decompile:

 * After extensive code revisions
 * After adding/removing objects containing code

Decompile has fixed a long list of corruption issues for me. I've relied on
it for over a year now, and I trust it, at least in A2K. It is on my list of
'best-practice' methods for maintaining trouble-free code.

-Ken