[AccessD] Crystal Reports (3)

Paula Wright paulawright at boddienoell.com
Wed Sep 3 09:46:28 CDT 2003

I have just been informed that my posts were coming through as attachments
and most readers could not see my question.  So I am once again resubmitting
in the hopes that someone knows how to answer my question.  I apologize and
thank you.

I have an Access database (XP) from which I created
several Crystal Reports (8.5) because Access would not
handle all the fields required for the reports. I may have
gone about this backwards because now that I have started
investigating how to be able to view the reports in Access
I find that one actually must create the reports through
Access when using the Wizard. If so then hopefully this
will be a simple copy/paste procedure once I get into it.

The problem is that once I started up the Crystal Report
Wizard and chose the query from which I wanted to create
the first report, I was asked to enter a database
password. My database does not have a password. I have
searched for a means to handle this but to no avail. Has
anyone experienced this problem before?

Or better yet, what I really need to do is view the
reports from within Access using the Crystal Active-X.
I've been over the Accocx97.mdb example on how to set up a
CR in Access, however in XP I don't see a place to put the
file name of the report.

I'm hoping someone can help me real quick as I've already
wasted too much time re-doing these reports in Crystal
after having found out that Access won't handle them.

THANK YOU

Paula Wright
Programmer/Analyst
paulawright at boddienoell.com