[AccessD] Automating excel

John Colby jcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Wed Sep 3 14:55:49 CDT 2003

Has anyone ever automated Excel to save a spreadsheet as TRUE comma
delimited text?  My issue is that a client's client sends them data.  It was
comma delimited text.  Now it's a spreadsheet.  Spreadsheets SUCK for data
import since it is possible that the data will change datatypes down the
spreadsheet and that causes the import to fail without any warning.

If I can automate excel to export that same spreadsheet, I suspect that the
result would just be text in all cases and so that "datatype change" issue
would disappear.

Has anyone ever done this?

John W. Colby
www.colbyconsulting.com