[AccessD] OLE Objects on-the-fly

Don Elliker delliker at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 4 09:07:49 CDT 2003

I am trying to link to Word docs on-the-fly (these are screen captures and
documents related to the main report data item). The process is;

1.) The user captures something they want to associate to the data item and
saves in a folder as a .doc
2.) At that time, I save the path to the doc in a table along with the data
item identifier.
3.) The user runs a report and I check the table to see if there are any
related docs.
4.) If there are, I create a new ,temporary, report with an unbound OLE
frame control that uses the path from the table to link to the doc. 1
control each, for as many docs as there are.

Doesn't work...everything is fine until I try to use the Control.Action =
AcOLELinked on the control I just created.
Access tells me "2771- The Bound or Unbound Object you tried to edit does
not contain an OLE object." Well...No Sh#T!! that's kind of the point of all
this stinkin' code! The knowledge base says I can do this and does it just
the way I'm doing it, with the exception that I am creating the report and
the control on-the-fly.

TIAM,
_D
Por Favor Senor,Que Paso??

"Things are only free to the extent that you don't pay for them".-Don
Elliker