[AccessD] Using MailTo: hyperlink in form; need carriage returns in body text

Backroads Data backroad at idir.net
Thu Sep 4 13:00:48 CDT 2003

Hello group,

Using Mailto: protocol in a hyperlink, I'm including the email address,
subject line, and body text.  Is there a way to include carriage returns in
the text?  Here's the situation:

There's a textbox on a form that contains 4 lines of text; this text block
is built through code and uses the vbNewLine variable after each line.  The
contents of the textbox look like this on the form:

Name:           John Doe
Business:       Backroads Farrier Service
Shortterm Code: 7083-603-718-5836
Request Code:   F003-B863-A003

After the textbox contents are built, it sets the hyperlink property of a
command button on the form, like this (watch word wrap):

Me!btnEmail.HyperlinkAddress =
"mailto:info at backroadsdata.coml?subject=Lifetime License Request&body=" &
Me!txtRequest

When the button is clicked, an email is created, and the message body
section contains the text from the form, but it looks like this:

Name:           John DoeBusiness:       Backroads Farrier ServiceShortterm
Code: 7083-603-718-5836Request Code:   F003-B863-A003

Is there anyway to embed something the email will recognize as a carriage
return, so that it appears in the message on 4 distinct lines?  (I've tried
Chr(13) & Chr(10) as well as vbNewLine when building the textbox.)  Thanks!

Best Regards,

Julie Schwalm
Backroads Data
www.backroadsdata.com