[AccessD] (Simple?) Problem Creating a "Yes/No" [Data Type] Field in a Make Table Query

Lawhon, Alan C Contractor/Morgan Research alan.lawhon at us.army.mil
Thu Sep 11 11:35:21 CDT 2003

Susan, Arthur, Rocky, William, Jim, John, Doris, Jim Lawrence, et al:

I need help with an (easy?) Access problem - and I just know that somebody on
this list knows the answer.

I am working on a "Make Table" query which will have to be used (and reused)
repeatedly to create the same table from scratch.  One of the field cells in
this query is created (in the QBE pane) from an expression.  The expression is
as follows:

      Record_Select_Flag: "0"

The corresponding phrase/clause for this expression (in SQL view) is:

      "0" AS [Record_Select_Flag] INTO <table-name>

Here's my problem.  The data type of the field created by this expression is a
"Text" field.  I would like to create a "Yes/No" checkbox field rather than a
"Text" field.  (Actually, a "Yes/No" field will work just fine.)  Can anyone
tell me how to modify the expression to create a "Yes/No" field?

I've been searching the Access "Help" library, but so far I haven't found the
answer ...

Alan C. Lawhon