[AccessD] ADO Query (this time?!?)

Sad Der accessd666 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 19 01:19:50 CDT 2003

Hi group,

for the last 1,5 hour I'm trying to create an ADO
recordset....

What the hell is wrong with the code below?
I use a function called GetStatus to run a query and
send me the results back...shouldn't be that complex?!

When I call it like this:
gstrSwitchStatus = GetStatus("qrySwitchStatus")

I keep getting the error:
Invalid SQL-statement; expected DELETE, INSERT,
PROCEDURE, SELECT, or UPDATE.

Or when I call it like:
(this is the sql-code of the query!)
    strSQL = "SELECT [tblSource].[Status] AS qryStatus
" & _
              "FROM tblSource " & _
              "WHERE
[tblSource].[ID]=[Forms]![fInterface]![lblID].Caption;"

    gstrSwitchStatus = GetStatus(strSQL)

I get the error:
No value given for one or more required parameters
I call the function as follows:

...and here is the function:
 Public Function GetStatus(qryName As String) As
String

  Dim strRtn As String
  Dim conn As ADODB.Connection 'db connection
  Dim rst As ADODB.Recordset

' On Error GoTo GetCount_ERR

  strRtn = "FAILED"

  Set conn = CurrentProject.Connection
  Set rst = New ADODB.Recordset
  With rst
    .ActiveConnection = conn
    .Source = qryName
    .LockType = adLockOptimistic
    .CursorType = adOpenDynamic
    .Open
  End With

' rst.Open qryName, conn, adOpenStatic, adLockReadOnly

PLEASE HELP ME OUT!

TIA

SD