[AccessD] A2K: Editing data in an MSFlexGrid...help!

Christopher Hawkins clh at christopherhawkins.com
Fri Sep 19 16:59:48 CDT 2003

I've got this form in an A2K app that displays data in an MS FlexGrid
control.

I'm trying to use the "tried and true" method of allowing a user to
edit data in the grid by positioning a text box over whatever cell
the user clicks.  But it's just not working.

Here's the code I'm using in the grdMain_SelChange event:

[code]
With grdMain
    If .CellWidth < 0 Then Exit Sub
    txtEdit.Move .Left + .CellLeft, .Top + .CellTop, .CellWidth,
.CellHeight

End With

txtEdit.Visible = True
txtEdit.SetFocus[/code]

I have my textbox's BackColor set to bright yellow so I can see it if
it appears over the grid, but so far it just disappears when I click
the grid.  I don't knwo where it's going.  Perhaps it is beneath the
grid, in which case I don't know how to bring it to the front.  but
if it's not behind the grid, where is it?  Where am I going wrong?

-Christopher-