[AccessD] OT: A Big Job

Rocky Smolin - Beach Access Software bchacc at san.rr.com
Fri Sep 26 11:33:50 CDT 2003

Dear California Listers:

I just got a notice of a settlement of a lawsuit between Microsoft and California.

With proof of ownership they will give you vouchers for the purchase of any computer equipment or software. There's $1,100,000,000 available (no, this did not come from Nigeria).

You get the vouchers if you indirectly purchased Windows or MS-DOS(!) between 2/18/95 and 12/15/01, or indirectly purchased Word or Excel between the same dates.  Indirectly means it came with the computer you bought or you purchased it anywhere but directly from Microsoft.

You get a voucher for every copy of the products for which you can show proof of ownership.

The vouchers are worth:

$16 for Windows or MS-DOS
$29 for Office
$5 for Word (including "Home Essentials" and "Works Suite" that contain word)
$26 for Excel

Software purchased for Apple is excluded (ha-ha)

So now I've got to start digging for CD Keys, Invoices, etc.

For more information www.microsoftcalsettlement.com or 1-800-960-5660

Regards,

Rocky Smolin
Beach Access Software