[AccessD] Urgent help needed from race finish line

Kathryn Bassett kathryn at bassett.net
Sat Sep 27 17:20:25 CDT 2003

tblSample1
ID - autonumber
activity - text
bib - number
timetext - text
day - number
checkpoint - text

This query works:
SELECT Sample1.activity, Sample1.bib, Sample1.timetext, Sample1.day, Sample1.checkpoint, MakeTime([timetext]) AS ConvertedTime, FixActivity([activity]) AS ConvertedActivity, FixCkpoint([checkpoint]) AS ConvertedCkpoint
FROM Sample1;

But the next query that gets run is this code:
INSERT INTO tblRunnerTimes ( [RT-IDBib], [RT-Day], [RT-Time], [RT-IDAC], [RT-IDCP] )
SELECT qryChangeNewData.bib, qryChangeNewData.day, qryChangeNewData.ConvertedTime, qryChangeNewData.ConvertedActivity, qryChangeNewData.ConvertedCkpoint
FROM qryChangeNewData;

and it gives me "Microsoft Access can't append all the records in the append query."
Microsoft Access set 0 fields to Null due to a type converstion failur, and it didn't add 694 records to the table due to key violations, 0 records due to lock violations, and 0 records due to validation rule violations.

I suspect it's got something to do with the time conversion but I can't figure out what. I've going nuts for more than two hours trying to figure out what's wrong. Should have had the first results online 4 hours ago, and have people emailing me wanting to know where their runners are.
HHEEELLLLPPPPP!!!!
http://ac100.com/finish/2003Ac100.zip
the mdb is A2k - just tell me what to change.

--
Kathryn Bassett (AC100 Finish Line webmaster)
kathryn at bassett.net
http://ac100.com - Race Site
http://ac100.com/finish - Finish Line
http://bassett.net - personal website