AW: [AccessD] Pictures from the last DBA conference

Helmut Kotsch Helmut.E.Kotsch at t-online.de
Tue Sep 2 12:05:00 CDT 2003

Lembit,

I would like to thank you for hosting / facilitating the Access
DBA-Conference in your house  from Aug. 8th to Aug. 10th 2003.

You really did an outstanding job.

The environment was great. (I call your house from now on the "Freising
Castle")
The food was superior. (Say also thanks to your wife)
The setup was perfect. (Room and equipment)

The presented subjects have been very interesting to me.

1. Gustavs presentation covering the "Knapsack Problem" was very
professional and gave  insights to a problem that may show up in many
situations.

2. Your presentation covering the EIBUS system showed to me to what extend
this is already  reality these days. (including the Hardware availability) I
wasn't aware that this had gone already that far.

Not only did you cover the theoretical part of it, you also could
demonstrate the  functionality since you have it installed in your castle.
Great show.

3. Since some of the participants couldn't come to the conference we used
the spare time to  discuss my "once in the lifetime" database. I appreciated
this very much since the  discussions gave me some useful hints to improve
certain areas of my monster database.

Conclusion:

Due to your outstanding job in managing this conference I hope that you will
repeat this by  calling for another conference in the near future.
Hopefully more participants will show up to the next meeting in Freising.
Our experience should  encourage everybody to participate the next time.
Keep up the good work.

Regards and have a nice day.

Helmut

P.S.: Your achievements and environment (Freising Castle) made it obvious
that you had to be promoted to  "King Lembit the 1st of Freising". Next time
you might be promoted to be "King Lembit of Bavaria",
but than you would have to move to the famous castle "Neuschwanstein". This
on the other hand  would keep you too busy installing the EIBUS system in
that castle and you wouldn't have time  to host another Access
dba-Conference. Therefore we probably have to rethink the promotion to
"King of Bavaria".

(helmut.e.kotsch at t-online.de)