[AccessD] error when opening application in access

Roz Clarke roz.clarke at donnslaw.co.uk
Wed Sep 3 09:02:32 CDT 2003

Hi Emmanuel

What version of Access are you using? We also use Citrix, and have
experienced this problem since moving from A97 to AXP. Occasionally
something happens which puts the database into 'open exclusive' mode for a
user who is alredy logged in - even though they cannot do the obvious things
such as put a form or report into design view.

The only solution we have found is to have all the users log out of the
application and that clears the problem and they can then all go back in and
work.

Hardly ideal - if you find a better answer I would love to know

Roz