[AccessD] instr() - Need an exact match

Thu Sep 11 15:12:59 CDT 2003

I'm not clear on why InStr() does not suit your purpose.

InStr("a_Group,b_Group,c_Group","c_Group") will return a non-zero value
(17), meaning that "c_Group" was found in the first string. Now if you want
an exact match that takes the case into account you can use...

InStr(1,"a_Group,b_Group,c_Group","c_group",vbBinaryCompare)  ' note, must
supply the start position - 1

which will return zero as "c_group" is not found, whereas

InStr(1,"a_Group,b_Group,c_Group","c_Group",vbBinaryCompare)

returns 17.

Lambert