[AccessD] SubForm Disappears In Design View

Terri Jarus jarus at amerinet-gpo.com
Wed Sep 17 14:42:37 CDT 2003

I have this same problem with users in production, using a tabbed form with subforms.  Some users that are on the system have no problem - everything works fine.  Some users (and it's the same ones) get a blank white rectangle where a subform should appear - for every tab that has a subform.

We think it's a network issue regarding folder rights - although we're not sure as yet.  I have all rights to the folder that houses the BE - the FE is on my local drive and a copy of the FE is on each user's local drive.  My network guy seems to think that because the users do not have Delete rights (they have all others) that this might be the problem.  We don't want them to be able to accidentally delete the BE - rightfully so.

I am going to try turning off the AutoCorrect feature to see if that makes a difference.  I'm running out of options and ideas and my users are getting frustrated.

I'll let you know if we ever get this problem resolved.  It's a little different in that we have the problem in production, but not in design....

Terri Jarus
Director, Contract Support Services
jarus at amerinet-gpo.com
314-542-1902

>>> cfoust at infostatsystems.com 09/17/03 01:02PM >>>

Actually, that's what happens in A97 and earlier.  In A2k and later, you get a warning message if you try to open a subform that's
already open in either design or runtime view.

Charlotte Foust