[AccessD] Screen position of mouse.

Brett Barabash BBarabash at TappeConstruction.com
Fri Sep 19 08:48:35 CDT 2003

You need to use the GetCursorPos API call:

Private Type POINTAPI
    x As Long
    y As Long
End Type

Private Declare Function GetCursorPos Lib "user32" Alias "GetCursorPos"
(lpPoint As POINTAPI) As Long

Dim typPA AS POINTAPI

GetCursorPos typPA
Debug.Print typPA.x, typPA.y

The results are in pixels, so to convert to twips you need to use the
GetDeviceCaps API call:

Private Const cTwipsPerInch = 1440
Private Const LOGPIXELSX = 88        '  Logical pixels/inch in X
Private Const LOGPIXELSY = 90        '  Logical pixels/inch in Y

Private Declare Function GetDC Lib "user32" (ByVal hwnd As Long) As Long
Private Declare Function GetDeviceCaps Lib "gdi32" (ByVal hdc As Long, ByVal
nIndex As Long) As Long

Public Function XPixelsToTwips(ByVal lngX As Long) As Long

    XPixelsToTwips = lngX * (cTwipsPerInch / GetDeviceCaps(GetDC(0),
LOGPIXELSX))

End Function

Public Function YPixelsToTwips(ByVal lngY As Long) As Long

    YPixelsToTwips = lngY * (cTwipsPerInch / GetDeviceCaps(GetDC(0),
LOGPIXELSY))

End Function