[AccessD] Mail Merge

Steve Capistrant scapistrant at symphonyinfo.com
Tue Sep 23 13:45:01 CDT 2003

If you do the pull method, I don't recommend having the Word document look
to a query.  There is an extra layer involved when negotiating into MDB or
MDE that adds what I consider to be a lot of time, plus possibly a layer of
security.  The approach we prefer at our shop is to have your database
output a text file with a standard name ("SelectedContacts.txt) to a
standard folder (like "c:\temp" or the application's install folder).  All
mail merge documents are trained to look to this file, and the speed is MUCH
faster for both connecting and merging.  Plus this gives the you the added
benefit of being able to send this file to printing vendors if you have
specialty mailings.  And the file can be opened in Excel for other kinds of
merging and analysis uses as well.

Steve Capistrant
Symphony Information Services
scapistrant at symphonyinfo.com